Thursday, January 22, 2009

Butter me up...

Butter Sculpture of John McCain
I made a butter bust of John McCain for this guy's inauguration party, but I guess the other guy won. Oops. I'm selling it at cost. It's really big, and soon it's going to go rancid. Act fast!

Update: In response to your many inquiries, the butter is not salted.


Really? A butter bust of John McCain...I am first confused about why this would have been commissioned. I am trying to envision it atop a fabulous spread of hors d'oeuvres at some swanky political soiree, and I can't. However what I am most annoyed at is that this post was put up yesterday...the twenty-first. A day after inauguration. Was the sculptor not aware that Mr. Obama would be sworn in on Tuesday? Was he holding on to said butter bust should there be a last minute switch and Mr. McCain would be up there taking the oath? Ugh. Let's not even discuss the price tag...or the fact that the seller mentions the word 'rancid' in his post. I will admit though that I am just a little curious to see a picture of this gem...

No comments:

Post a Comment